Eco-Driving Reference Library
Workshop on Ecodriving - Successful Approach to Ecodriving1-04Japan.pdf
30 pages | 2.31 Mb
Published: December 12, 2007
Source: Energy Efficiency and Conservation Division, Energy Conservation and Renewable Energy Department, Agency for Natural Resources and Energy (ANRE), Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI), Japan
- Final energy consumption in the industrial sector has remained generally steady since the oil crisis.
- On the other hand, those of the commercial/residential and transportation sectors have increased. That of Transport sector has remained steady since FY 2001.
- The COP3 (the 3rd Conference of Parties of UN Framework Convention on Climate Change) held in December 1997 agreed reduction targets of Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions assigned to each developed country and issued the agreement as the "Kyoto Protocol."
- Japan is responsible for reducing the average value of its total GHG in 2008 to 2012 by 6% in comparison with that in the 1990s. (US=-7%, EU=-8%)
- Approximately 90% of Japan's GHG is energy-originated CO2.